Assuming that everyone is keeping sanity and health in order. Between the freedom and being informed there is that thin line called " Information Overload chaos".
I guess, for us film composers, it will be a challenge to have music ready and done before the movie is even shot, but why not? A great script is the best direction, and then the picture will follow!
Anyway, scrolling down the Google and reading news that changes by the minute are quite confusing but manageable. Knowing that 80% of my online folks are in the film/music/digital content industry, I decided to lay out a few latest information to save time from scrolling and scrolling.
General COVID NEWS:
Statewide, there have been more than 304,000 confirmed coronavirus infections and nearly 6,900 deaths. - Regardless of numbers you should watch your health and stay healthy or stay home if having a flue or symptoms!
It’s always going to be this dance — two steps forward, one step back — if we see worsening of the situation so that our fragile healthcare system is not decimated and doesn’t go into crisis,” Luu said. “And this dance will continue until we have a vaccine.” - Oh well, of course...The vaccine will be a totally new set of 1018717 rules and info upcoming, so dear people, save your nerves!
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti warned several times this week that residents could again be ordered to stay home. During a news conference Friday, he reminded Angelenos that socializing and gathering with people outside their households is still not allowed.- Okay, technically, we will get another health problem from electronics if it is not balanced, whether we like it or not.
“We’re not back to a safer-at-home order, but we all need to do our part to minimize the spread of COVID-19,” he said. - So, which one is it? I am confused...
Gov. Gavin Newson last week also ordered the re-closing of bars, as well as indoor operations for restaurants, wineries, movie theaters, and family entertainment venues in 19 counties -- including Los Angeles. - Okay, but it would be nice to, in return, allow people to watch films, programs, read the news without a subscription.
FilmLA president Paul Audley, however, said Wednesday that “The good news is that production is starting to responsibly return, with advertising shoots, commercials and limited television production now coming online.” - Not sure about "good news" as the majority of films are delayed to be premiered, and I am 100% sure people are not going to sit and watch commercials. Or wait, let's turn commercials into films, haha!
Going forward during the pandemic, Audley said, “All permitted filming must comply with Health Orders as issued by county authorities. The measure of compliance we’re seeing is a real help in keeping the industry on the road to recovery.” - Dear friends, I hope that road has some directions along the way that will be fair to everyone equally...
BROADWAY IN HOLLYWOOD:
CURRENT SHOW INFORMATION (as of 6/26/20)
- HAMILTON performances at the Hollywood Pantages have been canceled through September 6th.
- MEAN GIRLS, originally scheduled for April 28 - June 7, 2020, at the Dolby Theatre, will be rescheduled for a later date to be announced.
- Lerner & Loewe's MY FAIR LADY, originally scheduled for June 12 - July 5, 2020, at the Dolby Theatre, will be rescheduled for a later date to be announced.
- THE BAND'S VISIT, originally scheduled for July 7 - 26, 2020, at the Dolby Theatre, has been rescheduled for next year: March 17 - April 4, 2021.
- THE CHER SHOW, originally scheduled for March 23 - April 11, 2021, at the Dolby Theatre, has announced that it will no longer be going out on tour in 2021, and will be postponed to a later season.
- Disney's AIDA, originally scheduled for May 13 - June 5, 2021, at the Dolby Theatre, has announced that it will no longer be going out on tour in 2021, and will be postponed to a later season
- I can bet it will stay canceled till the end of this year...
Calif. Gov. Gavin Newsom initially gave permission for the production to resume and movie theaters to reopen on June 12, at the discretion of each county. L.A. County did not given its theaters the green light to reopen.
It didn’t matter, however, because Newsom was forced to reverse course. On July 1, he ordered movie theaters in 19 counties, including L.A. to close again for at least three weeks because of the spike in cases.
- ...This means, whatever we read now is going to be changed, and the whole world is floating in the air.
Dear Los Angelinos,
it's time to go heavy on the scriptwriting, go to some hike (if it's even open), and find a balance between technology and "earthy" life, otherwise, coronavirus will morph into some sci-fi digital virus that I doubt any vaccine can heal. Let our common sense and peace of mind be our ultimate, personal "vaccine" regardless of what is going on and what will be going on. Only that way, we won't turn into Emojis, but just in case, pick your personal A.I emoji, lol.
Stay healthy, stay sane, or keep up with news and go insane, lol. The balance is probably the best medicine, before a "curiosity kills a cat", lol!